Full Time IT Operations Officer
Overall Purpose of the Position
Reporting to the Senior, IT Operations Officer, you will be responsible for proactively driving the Service Desk activities including the ticketing system.
The IT Operations Team is responsible for the following areas:
- Desktop Management (PCs, Laptops, Printers, etc.)
- Multifunctional Printers
- TVs & Video Conferencing Equipment
- Microsoft Office Applications
- Telephony System
- Endpoint Security (Antivirus, Malware Bytes, etc.)
- Induction Courses & Awareness exercises
- Policies & Procedures related to IT Operations
- Documentation of Systems & Setups that fall under the responsibility of the Team
- Stock Control and handling of desktop equipment
- Manging the IT Operations CAPEX & OPEX budget
- Ensure a solid procurement process is established for Desktop equipment and related software licenses
Main Duties & Responsibility
- Proactively monitor and prioritise tickets reporting in the ticketing system.
- Be hands-on and deliver a service with high standards.
- Identify areas of improvement and propose solutions.
- Assist the Senior IT Operations Officer with building processes and procedures that enable the IT Operations team to operate efficiently and proactive as possible.
- Ensure that tickets are kept to a minimum.
- Proactively manage and control the movement of stock in line with good stock control practices.
- Participates in the implementation of new procedures and working practices.
- Keep abreast of emerging technologies and platforms to provide direction on what should adopted within the Group’s IT Operations.
Qualifications, Skills and Competencies
- A Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma in IT/Computer Studies or an equivalent.
- Proven experience in a Service Desk or relevant experience.
- Familiarity with IT frameworks such as ISO and ITIL.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate with stakeholders.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and eye for detail.
- Strong working experience with Microsoft desktop platforms and products.
- Must possess a clean police conduct & driving license.
- Must be willing to be on-call and travel to off-sites including Gozo.
- Good oral and written skills.
Interested parties are requested to send their CV and application letter by email to email@example.com