We are looking to recruit an energetic and self-motivated Food Market Manager who besides leading and managing the various food store teams, will also be responsible for all aspects of the day-to-day running of stores including sales, customer service, quality control, operations, staff development and training
The person chosen for this role will report to the General Manager
The selected candidate will:
- Be accountable for the achievement of the store’s targets
- Be responsible for planning, organizing, directing and coordinating with the General Manager and other departments to ensure efficient and profitable running of the stores.
- Be esponsible to compile rosters to ensure that all labour costs are flexed according to levels of demand / activity / season and guarantee efficient and effective use of HR available
- Maintain adequate stock on hand for all shelf and promotional items
- Ensure that incoming and existing products are continuously checked for expiry date.
- Be responsible for Stock control policies and procedures, management of stock levels and accountable for stock control through stock takes.
- Be responsible for managing the food store order system and foods stores receiving system. Including the analysis of stock receiving and ordering processes. Recommend improvements
- Review the store layout plans to satisfy business demands and sales needs and discuss with General Manager.
- Obtain optimum deals when negotiating with suppliers in terms of:
– delivery times
– payment terms
– quality of goods
- Supervise quality control within the fresh food counters and monitor quantities for preparation to minimize wastage (Arkadia’s fresh food counters), perform frequent checks to ensure consistent high standard of preparation and services and adherence to HACCP regulations (all fresh food counters).
- Responsible for Food Market opening and closing procedures.
- Analyse and interpret trends of business to facilitate planning.
- Review market trends and discuss with senior management.
- Analyse shelf space and propose improvements where opportune.
- Draw up performance reports on regularly basis and as and when required by Senior Manager
The ideal candidate should:
- Have 2 to 3 years’ experience in running a supermarket or similar business
- Have successfully completed their post-secondary level of education.
- Be in possession of an ECDL certificate and proficient in excel and word
- Have a High level of written and spoken English.
- Be able to work on their own initiative, under pressure and have an eye for detail.
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- hold a valid Food Handling License
- maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times.
Interested parties are requested to send their CV and application letter by email to email@example.com