We are currently recruiting for a full-time Fishmonger to support our Foodstore operations at Is-suq tal-Belt. The selected candidate shall be responsible for preparing and subsequently selling fish and products which conventionally accompany fish.
The person chosen for this role will report to the Foodstore Stores Manager.
- Reviewing stock on a regular basis
- De-scaling the fish and removing bones
- Cutting fish into smaller pieces
- Gutting and cleaning fish
- Arranging displays of fish in the counters
- Ensuring that the fish is stored properly at all times
- Advising customers as to which products to purchase
- Advising customers how to store and cook fish properly
- Cleaning tools used on a regular basis
- Taking delivers and placing orders for fresh fish
The ideal candidate should:
- Have a knowledge of the various types of fish
- hold a valid Food Handling License
- have good verbal communication skills in both Maltese and English
- be health and safety conscious
- maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times.
Previous experience within a similar role will be considered an asset.
Interested parties are requested to send their CV and application letter by email to email@example.com